CNACA Calendar Contest 2021
The annual CNACA calendar contest is a marketing and promotional project designed to showcase Cree talent in arts and crafts. The calendar will be widely circulated in Eeyou Istchee and surrounding areas, free of charge, and will feature traditional and contemporary Cree arts and crafts products. As a celebration of Cree craftmanship, the calendar not only honors the vibrancy of Cree culture and cultural industry, but also opens opportunities for Cree photographers and emerging artists to showcase their skills and imagination.
Rules & Regulations
Cree Creations – Traditional & Contemporary Cree Arts & Crafts
Submitted photographs should showcase Cree arts and crafts products, craftspeople and their creations, and any other photographic composition that focuses on a finished art piece or craft product.
- The contest is open to all ages. Participants under 18 years of age must get the consent from their parents and guardians.
- Participants must be Cree beneficiaries under the JBNQA .
- Amateurs and professionals alike will be eligible for the contest.
The contest commences on September 14, 2021 and will conclude at 5 PM on November 19, 2021.
- $500 (Five hundred dollars) awarded for each photo that has been chosen for the calendar.
- No limit to prizes awarded per person.
Participation and submission
- Limit of 5 entries per individual. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same e-mail address. Any attempt by an entrant to submit more than two entries by using multiple/different e-mail addresses or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries.
- Incomplete entries or entries received after the expiry of the contest period will be considered null and void and ineligible to win any prize.
- From the entries received, CNACA will pick 12 photos to be featured in the calendar.
- Photos submitted for the calendar must include traditional or contemporary Cree arts & crafts.
- If photo contains an individual, you must be able to confirm and provide written authorization from that person for CNACA to use the image. It is preferred that photos do not feature people.
- Photos must be of high quality, taken at maximum resolution, 300 DPI and in a generally accepted file format. (jpeg, png, tiff or raw format). Please ensure that the photo is sharp and in focus.
- All photos must include a description of the photo.
- All participants must complete and include the contest submission form along with their photos.
Agreement to rules
- By participating in the contest, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by these official contest rules and the decisions of CNACA with respect thereto, which are final and binding in all respects.
- All winners will be required to sign a waiver. By agreeing to the waiver, you will also acknowledge and give permission to the CNACA to use the name, story and selected photo in future various CNACA publications, promotions, and materials, including the 2022 CNACA Calendar. The waiver is included in the submission form.