Main nature of the work:
CNACA is in a strategic stage of its development. Under the direction and supervision of the Executive Director, the Communications and Marketing Officer is responsible for maintaining an excellent corporate image of Cree Native Arts and Crafts Association, effective internal communications among members, the Board of Directors, partners and funders, with a focus on securing the future of Cree Native Arts and Crafts Association.
The main challenge of the Communications and Marketing Officer is to increase the visibility and credibility of Cree Native Arts and Crafts Association, as well as, efficiently operate the marketing strategy for the distribution of arts and crafts. The Communications and Marketing Officer must provide visibility to the artist, artisans, craftspeople, musicians, traditional and contemporary creators and designers, and constantly update the Cree Native Arts and Crafts Association website and all social media sites.
- The Communications and Marketing Officer will elaborate a communications strategy, as well as, a communication plan and efficiently activate the plan and strategy, both within Cree Native Arts and Crafts Association and external with customers, partners and the general
- The Communications and Marketing Officer must manage and increase Cree Native Arts and Crafts Association membership, as well as, act as a facilitator for the artistic members and
- The Communications and Marketing Officer is responsible for the corporate image of Cree Native Arts and Crafts Association and must ensure the quality and production of all tools, such as: the WEBSITE, social media, brochures, newsletters, press releases, annual reports and all other written
- The Communications and Marketing Officer must manage the artists and artisans’ profiles and combine their products into a well-documented catalogue with other professionals in search of distribution, promotion and
- The Communications and Marketing Officer must update the Marketing Plan and activate it within a mixed-marketing or the four (4) P’s: product, price, place and promotion. The first priority will be to focus on quickly operating a distribution channel for the arts and
- Represent CNACA’s interests and work toward common goals with organizations operating in and around Eeyou lstchee;
- The Communications and Marketing Officer must undertake all other related duties, as assigned and/ or as they arise, from time-to-time, in fulfilling the job requirements as the Communications and Marketing Officer and/ or as Cree Native Arts and Crafts Association situation may
Employment Requirements and competences:
- A College or bachelor’s degree in Communications, or related field. Equivalent work experience, responsibility and/or training will be considered;
- Knowledge of the Cree culture and the traditional ways of life of the Eeyou Nation;
- Relevant working experience with the Cree communities and has knowledge of arts, crafts and the cultural industry;
- Abilities and Skills: Ability to work independently, as well as, in teamwork, has proven capacity to plan and work efficiently, organize working groups and/ or assembly line and results-oriented personality;
- Positive Interpersonal relationship skills and ability to interact positively with people in general. Ability to create contacts and collaborate in a friendly manner;
- Must be able to communicate in Cree and English. Understanding of the French language, both oral and written, is an asset;
- Other characteristics; must be willing to travel to the communities and elsewhere on regular basis. Has cheerful personality and concrete commitment towards the vision and the mission of Cree Native Arts and Crafts Association, including community development and is dedicated to the cause of Cree culture and ancestral knowledge preservation and
- Must take initiatives to set the goals and the development of the potential of this department, and perform other duties, as may be requested by the Executive Director, the Executive Committee and/or the Board of Directors of the Cree Native Arts and Crafts
- General knowledge of basic computer software, programs and applications;
- CNACA may waive all or any of the aforementioned requirements if it finds a suitable candidate and who accepts, as a condition of employment, to follow a training plan determined by
Terms of Employment
Please take notice that this is a full-time, permanent position and subject to a 3-months probationary period.
Salary for the above position will be commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the applicant. CNACA offers competitive salary and benefits and offers equal opportunities to men and women.
Start Date: To be negotiated
Closing Date: March 31, 2021 (5:00 pm)
Please send your application by mail, fax or e-mail to:
Gaston Cooper Executive Director
Tel: (418) 745-2444 Extension: 3333
Cell: (418) 770-3210
Fax: (418) 745-2324
Closing Date: March 31, 2021 (5:00 pm)