Ouje-Bougoumou, Qc ; August 6, 2020 – The Cree Native Arts & Crafts Association (CNACA) would like to announce a change in our sponsorship policy as of August 6, 2020; CNACA has ensured that the changes cater to our members and help provide them with opportunities to take their projects and need for equipment further. The sponsorship is also extended to non-members with consideration.
Below are some of the criteria and guidelines that must be taken into account when applying.
Sponsorship Request Dates
April 1st, July 1st, October 1st and February 1st
Criteria of Eligibility for the Applicant
- Must be a member of CNACA for a minimum of 2 years and fully pay the applicable fees before receiving grant.
- Member of Cree Nation of Eeyou Istchee and shall produce to this end a picture of their Beneficiary Identification Card with their sponsorship request.
- Non-Cree Applicants may also be considered if the project benefits members of the Cree Nation of Eeyou Istchee.
- Corporations, Organizations or associations shall demonstrate that it is legally constituted pursuant to applicable laws and by-laws.
Applicants are categorized in the following categories:
- The amounts awarded shall vary between $500.00 up to a maximum of $5,000.00 per project.
- The amount awarded shall correspond to 20% of the amount requested, but shall not exceed the maximum amount of $5,000.
- The amount awarded shall depend on the category of the applicant, where a maximum amount of:
- $500.00 shall be awarded for an Amateur
- $2000.00 shall be awarded for a Semi-Professional
- $5000.00 shall be awarded for a Professional.
- Larger amounts may be awarded if the project is far-reaching and if it benefits the Cree Nation of Eeyou Istchee.
- The sponsorship request submitted by an applicant who has already received sponsorship from CNACA in the last three years may be refused.
To view the complete policy document and changes, please visit our sponsorship section at https://cnaca.ca/sponsorship/