Ouje-Bougoumou, Qc; July 1, 2020 – The Cree Native Arts & Crafts Association and the Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay are pleased to announce the Waapimausuuwin Project. Over time, the project will unfold into several phases, the current being the Sachimuweututin Mosquito Hat making workshop. This event will be taught by Paula Menrick and includes a recorded teaching featuring Maggie Wapachee.
- The following is information regarding the event.
- Date: July 13 – 17 2020
- Time: 6:30pm – 8:30pm
- Location: Ouje-Bougoumou Multi-Service Day Center (MSDC)
- 20 participants maximum, 10 people for Monday and Wednesday, 10 people for Tuesday and Friday, 10 for those who didn’t complete in both groups
- Youth are encouraged to participate
- Snacks will be provided
- Those who join must be a member of CNACA to join
- Prizes to be won!
It’s important we practice COVID measure in these times, below are some of the recommended measures;
• Wash your hands thoroughly with an alcohol based hand sanitizer or with soap and water.
• Maintain social distancing especially amongst the vulnerable people such as elders and/or those with underlying health conditions (Keep a distance up to 6 feet with anyone who is coughing or sneezing).
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
• Practice respiratory etiquette (cough/sneeze into a sleeve, throw used tissues in a closed garbage can)
• If you have a fever, cough and/or difficulty breathing, seek medical care immediately.
• Limit all non-essential travel, people returning from high risk regions must undergo a 14 day self isolation period.
For more information, please contact the following:
Projects & Events Coordinator
Phone: 418-745-2444 ext: 3222
PPRO CHBSSJB Nishiiyuu Department
Communications & Marketing Officer
Work: 418-745-2444 ext. 3693